Who are you dressing up for Halloween this year?
at least SOMEONE laughs at my jokes. it’s me. i laugh at my own jokes.
sometimes my selfies don’t get the attention they deserve but it’s ok because van gogh wasn’t appreciated in his time either
- Ferguson’s massive cover-up: How police departments are protecting Darren Wilson
- STL grand jury weighs charges in Ferguson shooting
- Some Ferguson protesters shift focus to city’s historic district
- 11 things you should know about the murder of Mike Brown
- 5000 show up to Ferguson job fair
- When all the angels are white. Can black children be “angels”? The history behind the NY Times insult to Mike Brown.
- Moving beyond anger in Ferguson: A health journalists perspective
- Michael Brown Sr. to Darren Wilson: “Turn yourself in right now”
- How companies are profiting from police crackdowns
- Letter from The Criminal Justice Graduate Student Association of Eastern Kentucky Universtiy
- Teaching #Ferguson resources
- ArchCity Defenders: Municipal Courts White Paper
"Vancouver School Board Introduces Gender-Neutral Pronouns"
"Students and teachers in Vancouver can now use the gender-neutral pronouns "xe," "xem," and "xyr." The move is designed to accommodate students for whom "he" and "she" does not fit or is deemed inappropriate…
"The newly coined pronouns — xe, xem, and xyr — are pronounced to rhyme with the genderless plurals "they," "them," and "their," and all starting with the "z" sound. So phonetically speaking, they’re pronounced "zey, "zem", and "zare.""
Click here to read the full article.
the article doesn’t do the issue justice.
the issue regarded policy change, where the vancouver school board’s (VSB) LGBTQ+ advisory committee re-wrote existing policy to protect staff and students falling on the queer and trans spectrums.
the policy revision includes
-they/them/their and non-traditional pronouns being recognized by the school system
-required used of preferred names and pronouns by all staff and students
-preferred names/pronouns on all school records
-gender-accesible washrooms and change rooms available to those who require them
-disciplinary action taken against those who act in a discriminatory or hateful manner towards students, staff, and families falling on the queer and trans spectrums
the consultation was the longest ever done by the VSB, with over 120 speakers spread across 3 meetings.
the process also resulting in two school board trustees being ejected form their party’s caucus, due their discriminatory actions and arguments.
these are links to stories by vancouver media about the issue
how i feel when i wear glasses vs how i feel without them. by AlliCattt
where’s her oscar because this is a full movie in 6 seconds
"I… struggle with anxiety sometimes, especially when promoting films like this. Just the life of doing what I do, being in the public eye, it’s a stressful environment. So it’s good to go and talk about the things that cause your anxiety. It’s very difficult for me to talk about myself. You feel strange, self-aware, very foolish. Your third eye clicks on, just to try to maintain a healthy sense of perspective, and you think, ‘What am I doing here? I’m just making a movie, and people want all these things from me’. It seems strange to have so much fuss over a film."
Am i a womfn? Am i a womfn?
i searched up ‘hurdlers without hurdles’ on google and i dont regret it
these boots are made for walkin
The ol razzle dazzle